Here at G&A, we pride ourselves being one of the leading plumbers in the UK. Our expert teams of plumbers across the country are trained to the highest industry recognised standards and are fully certified to complete any emergency repair. With over 25 years of experience, we take every care to ensure that we provide our customers with a professional service that is suited to their needs every time. covering Guildford and Woking
Should you decide that G&A’s services are what you require, there are a few things that you can expect from us as part of our work ethic when we handle an emergency repair. Firstly, we provide you with a detailed report explaining the nature of any damages we have located on your property. We will then identify what the original cause of the problem was. Finally, we will explain what the next steps are in order to completely repair the damage. This report will make it easier for you to claim on your insurance.
As part of our service, we aim to be there for each and every one of our customers whenever they need us, especially in the case of an emergency plumbing repair. Our aim is to ensure that the completion of any job, whether we are clearing gutters or handling a large-scale emergency plumbing repair, runs as smoothly as possible. Our dedicated service and caring manner means that most insurance companies will gladly recommend us for any work, especially if you need an emergency repair.
We invite you to contact our experts at G&A, should you have a query or concern regarding the condition of your property. Do not hesitate to call us for free information and advice. Please visit the ‘Contact Us’ page for details.
Emergency plumbing repairs: when do they become necessary and how can I avoid them in the future?
An emergency plumbing repair becomes a necessary action when you experience a problem with your plumbing that needs to be addressed as soon as possible, if not immediately. We find that the most commonly occurring problems within plumbing that require an emergency plumbing repair are:
- Burst pipes: Should you ever encounter a burst pipe, you should seek professional help urgently and request an emergency plumbing repair. Prevent the water spreading through your home and causing further damage by operating the shut-off valve to your water pipe.
- Blocked drains: If the blockage persists after you have tried to clear it yourself, call a professional plumber for an emergency plumbing repair.
- Frozen pipes: During the cold weather, water will freeze and expand. With nowhere to go and constantly exerting pressure, a frozen pipe can eventually become a split pipe and will require an emergency plumbing repair.
Here at G&A, we advise that no problem should be left alone to resolve itself. Should you experience any of the above problems, call a reputable plumber for an emergency plumbing repair as soon as possible.
Luckily, there are precautions you can take to prevent an emergency plumbing repair from becoming a necessary action.
- Familiarise yourself with your home’s plumbing. A general understanding will help you to locate the shut-off valve and any other key element far more quickly than without
- Know what your plumbing should and should not be doing. You should not have leaky faucets, smelly drains or low water pressure. By taking immediate action and repairing these minor faults, you will be preventing a large-scale, expensive emergency plumbing repair in the future.
Hiring a plumber in Woking and Guildford: what do I look for?
When choosing your plumber, take into consideration the following factors to ensure that you are paying for a professional who will take care of an emergency plumbing repair correctly and professionally:
- Do they guarantee their work? A professional and reputable plumber will promise to return to the site at no cost and repair any faults in their work, should you find one. However, if you experience problems with a plumber that does not guarantee their work, they may leave you to cover the cost of further repairs. Do it properly the first time and hire a reputable plumber who will guarantee their work. It will be cheaper in the long run.
- Will they give you a reference? A good quality, reputable plumber will eagerly provide you with references from past customers.
- Take your time and ask questions. If a plumber wants your custom, they will go out of their way to prove to you that they are best suited for your needs.
A common mistake when contracting a plumber is to choose one based solely upon price. Price is often an indicator of quality and if you hire a plumber because they offer you the cheapest service, then you compromise the quality of the materials and the skill of the plumber. By spending less money, you are likely to encounter at least one of the following problems:
- You will be sent an inexperienced, unqualified plumber. If their work is faulty, will they return to finish the job properly? Will they be able to finish the job at all? If not, you will be left with a badly done job that could require an emergency plumbing repair in the future.
- The materials the plumber uses will be of poor quality. If the materials are poor, you will need to pay for a repair sooner in the future. By paying a little more to begin with, you are investing in a better quality material which will last longer.
- You will be faced with hidden costs. The reason the emergency plumbing repair service was incredibly cheap was because there were fees that the plumber did not tell you about. What initially was a good price, in the end becomes a lot more than it would have had you paid that little bit extra in the beginning.
If you keep in mind this valuable advice when choosing a plumbing service in Guildford or Woking, you will eventually find a professional, reputable plumber to suit your needs. When you do, stick with them. A good plumber will be loyal to you if you, in turn, are loyal to them.
Preparing for winter: cold snaps and what should I do in the event of one?
During the winter months, the plumbing in your home becomes extremely vulnerable to the falling temperatures. The bitter cold can freeze the water inside your plumbing, causing it to expand and to eventually split or break, leading to an emergency plumbing repair being necessary if the correct precautions are not taken.
To protect yourself from an expensive emergency plumbing repair, there are a few inexpensive precautious you can take. Prepare for the cold snap and do your best to protect your plumbing by doing the following:
- Cover and protect any exterior water faucets.
- Wrap any exposed water pipes in foam insulation, especially the areas that are prone to freezing.
- Keep your home at a warm temperature during the winter. A constant flow of heat will prevent any pipes from freezing.
If you prepare for the cold snap well and purchase foam insulation at a reasonable price, you will be preventing the far more expensive cost of an emergency plumbing repair for a broken pipe in the future. Wrapping any exposed pipes in foam installation should be perceived as an investment; a small cost to prevent a more expensive one in the future.