Top Tips on lead Roofing Work
Over time, G&A Roofing has established a prestigious reputation as being an honest, good and professional group which most insurance companies will recommend to their customers in need of an emergency lead roofing repair. With over 25 years of experience, any repair that we carry out on your lead roof is guaranteed to be completed safely and correctly. Our expert team of roofers are trained and qualified to the highest of standards across every area of lead roofing, and can be applied to both residential and commercial buildings.
If you choose G&A Roofing to handle an emergency lead roof repair, our company policy details that we write you a report in order to simplify the process of claiming on your insurance. In the report we will have identified what was the cause of the damage to your lead roof and what should be done next to repair the problem.
Emergency lead roof repairs
The slightest indication of damage to your lead roof should not be ignored. If your lead flashings are worn or a single lead tile becomes loose, you should employ a professional roofer to repair the roof as soon as possible. If you do not take action, the damage could worsen and eventually cause leaks to run into your property, costing more as it becomes an emergency repair.
Luckily, most insurance companies cover emergency repairs which will reduce the cost of any roofing work significantly. If you take action and repair any damages, you will be protecting your property from further damage and reducing further cost and inconvenience in the future.
Precautions to avoid an emergency lead roof repair
To give your home maximum protection, here are a few precautions you can take to avoid an emergency lead roof repair in the future:
http://wmrt.com/?edp=generic-viagra-myths · Commit to inspecting your roof thoroughly each year. Check for any loose or missing lead tiles and have them repaired.
· Check the lead flashing that surrounds the chimney stack. The chimney should be intact with no place which water could leak through.
· Clear any lead valley or guttering of debris to prevent an overflow of water.
Snow and ice
Pitched roofs are extremely vulnerable during winter months. If snow settles and stays for too long, the weight can cause permanent damage to the roof’s structure. Ideally, the snow should be removed as soon as possible. However, you should never attempt to do this yourself as it can be very dangerous.
If plastic guttering is not cleared and unblocked of any debris, it can also be damaged by the freezing temperatures and leave the homeowner with costly repairs.
As soon as we have completed an emergency repair to your lead roof, we will send you an invoice either by post or e-mail. You are then required to submit the invoice to your insurance company along with a claim form. You should ask the insurance company to pay us directly, which will usually take no longer than two weeks.
Choosing a roofer for a lead roof repair
Here is a small list to help you identify trustworthy and professional roofers who will provide you with top quality lead repair work:
· They will not be a door-knocker. If they come to your door, they will most likely not be part of a company and won’t be insured.
· They will not ask to be paid in cash. If there is a problem with their work, you have no proof of payment.
· They will not post a leaflet through your door with only a mobile number and no address. If you decide to contract a roofer through this means, do your research first.
· They will give you a receipt or invoice. Insurance companies will only pay out for emergency roofing repairs after seeing evidence, such as an official receipt or invoice. Do not employ a roofer who won’t give you a receipt.
· They will possess Public Liability Insurance. If they do not, you are left to cover the cost of any damages that occur during any repair work.
· They will be a member of the Confederation of Roofing Contractors (CORC).
Remember, G&A Roofing are always here to help and will give you any advice that you require.